Atika Sikun




HI,
 photo 10991176_10204437005383065_8329704528899608462_n_zps4lskohdh.jpg


A

Sept 14th, 1992 | Selangor, MY
@fashionvaletcom
@mensphysiquemalaysia
@isiperutmy
VISITOR(S)
website counter



Recent Posts
· The clock is ticking fast.
· It's so fluffy I'm gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeee :D
· yes,
· so,here's there deal.
· the pretty girl turns even prettier.
· months of awaiting.
· Messages in a bottle.
· Six months ago.
· Dearest Dianne,
· When gigi besi meets her competition (LOL !)


BLOGGER ARCHIVES



INSTAGRAM FEED
FOLLOWERS

Terengganu oh Terengganu.
Saturday, July 10, 2010 | Posted by Atika | 0 comment/s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoying the breeze of nature.


The moment I came back from college last Friday two weeks ago, I quickly packed my stuffs because one of my roommates, Nadia had asked me to tag along with her and her parents for a short weekend trip to Terengganu. Since all of my roommates were away for the weekend, she kindly invited me to follow her. I was completely enthralled by the fact that I am finally going to Terengganu. Heee.

Nadia’s parents showed up shortly after we finished packing. We had our dismissal from the warden and started our journey. It started to drizzle by the time we reach Terengganu. I was surprised knowing that uncle and auntie are actually a fan of foods. Not the normal food that we often ate, but they like to try varieties of foods offered along the way. It was a beautiful evening as it was already dusk. We stopped at a restaurant on the way back to the home stay and had one of those normal dinner. That was I had in mind actually.


But I was wrong.


Instead of the normal fried rice that we could easily find at the mamak’s restaurant, uncle ordered a gigantic fried squid for us to eat (apart from the other foods) Trust me, the squid was like whoah. No joke. The squid was fresh enough even I can eat. Its texture was so soft and well, it definitely had me drooling even when I think about it. *yum yum* ;D


After dinner, we headed straight away tour respective home stay which had been booked earlier by Nadia’s parents. Auntie told me that our home stay is directly located facing the South China Sea. Disbelieved, I waited until we arrived with much enthusiasm. Our home stay was located at Teluk Lipat, Dungun. It is located near the Sura Gate town.The name Sura Gate had me thinking, how did the people back then actually named all these places? Haha. Sura Gate reminded me of surrogate mother. I don’t know why.


On the way to Dungun, we passed by the biggest Petronas crude oil plant side.It was like a castle glowing from afar. I was completely in awe seeing it for the first time. I got the chance to actually see how do they process the crude oil indirectly at night. There were flames seen at some of the plant tower. Uncle drove slowly as he himself wanted to enjoy the amazing view of the plant while it lasted.


Nadia and I relaxed for the rest of the night as Nadia’s parents went out to watch the match between two very competitive countries. Yeap, I’ve checked, uncle and auntie had been diagnosed with World Cup fever. The next morning, we went to a local restaurant that served amazing Nasi Dagang. On the way there, I finally got the chance to actually see the beautiful South China Sea right before my own eyes. I was completely starlet to see it.


After breakfast, we went around Dungun and hunted for more food. Dungun was truly an amazing place to be visited. We passed by a fishing village by the beach. Luckily I had my camera with me all the time. So, I took load of photos of the places we visited. The fishing village was filled with fishermen (obviously) that just came back from the sea. Seeing them smiling at us and the other tourists made me realized how lucky I am to be living in such peaceful country. For lunch, we sat down for Nasi Kukus at the side of the road. From what we heard, the Nasi Kukus at that restaurant is one of the best Nasi Kukus there is in Dungun.

It was rather a hot afternoon as I drank my favourite Iced Lemon Tea next to Nadia. Right after lunch, we went to TMC Mall in Dungun to buy our stationeries and toiletries for Nadia. Well, TMC Mall is like the stretch version of ECM. But then, I was quite surprised that there was not much people on Saturday afternoon. We headed home and rest for the the whole evening. Around 4 o’clock in the evening, Nadia’s parents asked Nadia and I to join them at the beach in front of our home stay.


The sand at the beach was as golden as the gold and the water was crystal clear. Nadia and I took the opportunity to take a lot of self-captured photos. Auntie and Uncle were already in the water; playing and splashing each other. Nadia joined them after that. As I was reading Nadia's Prince Charming novel, suddenly Nadia called my name out loud. I looked up and was so excited to see two real life horses coming towards me. I managed to take a few shots of the the men who were riding the horses. and you know what? One of the men flashed a smile at me. How exciting ! :DDDDDD


I also got the chance to taste Terengganu’s native sweet cakes, akok. I fell in love with it the moment I had the first bite. It was so sweet and the taste melted in my mouth instantly. Other than akok, I tasted satar as well. Satar tasted like otak-otak, but fresher. In case if you don’t know, Terengganu is well known as one of the state that supplied fresh aqua lives. Most of the fishes or seafood that we ate during the weekend trip were absolutely fresh. It definitely taste different, in a good way of course.


It was Sunday and it was the time for us to bid farewell to Terengganu. We were planning to see the turtle LIFE, but unfortunately, we had to forget about it. It is actually the time of the year for the turtle to go to the shores and lay their eggs. I wished I would have the chance to see the turtles one day before they extinct completely thanks to the terrible condition of the Mother Earth nowadays.


It was indeed fun while it lasted. I definitely had fun on the way back home. Nadia’s parents bought fresh keropok lekor from one of the keropok lekor store at the side of the road. I saw with my own eyes how did they made to keropok lekor in traditional way. I learned a lot of new things about Terengganu, its unique cultures and definitely the foods. This trip has been one of the best and most memorable trip I’ve been so far.



Thank you, Nadia !

Labels: ,