Atika Sikun




HI,
 photo 10991176_10204437005383065_8329704528899608462_n_zps4lskohdh.jpg


A

Sept 14th, 1992 | Selangor, MY
@fashionvaletcom
@mensphysiquemalaysia
@isiperutmy
VISITOR(S)
website counter



Recent Posts
· Tak paham.
· Growing Up.
· Sky full of stars
· November #1
· Gratitude.
· Things to do before i turn 26
· Neutral, katanya
· Sejenis.
· Jimat cermat amalan mulia
· Tak habis lagiiiii


BLOGGER ARCHIVES



INSTAGRAM FEED
FOLLOWERS

Keeping your dreams alive.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 | Posted by Atika | 0 comment/s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

image

How did I start writing?

It all started when I was in primary. I was very much absorbed reading all kind of book genres, and falling in love with the beautiful languages (it was English and POL; Mandarin & Tamil) I would learn more and more every single day and made the dictionary my best friend.

Then when i was in form 2, I started writing to get paid. It was an assignment. And well, I got RM50 at that time. 50 ringgit is still a lot to me now. I was flying off the moon. I was feeling high, and accomplished.

Books quickly became my best friend. then when I was 14, my friends and i decided to write our own alternate selves, and if possible, make it into a book. So, I also said yes. Heh. I actually managed to write a full book (it was the buku latihan) and we all passed around for 'evaluations'.

At that time, it was Jo Yee who became the grammar expert. at that time, my grammar was all over the place. From that day onwards, I started focusing more on grammatical wise in every sentences, and was really proud of myself.

From 1 small book, I decided to go bigger. I started writing a full length novel. Few of it. My first baby is Poor Rich Girl. Inspired after my dream when in my dream, I am Billy Martin's little sister. And I was all over the moon when It comes to Paul Thomas (blame the raging female hormones lol) then i started hunting for publishers that will help me to publish my books.

I was turned down by every single one of them.

Heartbroken? You bet.

But i never give up.

When i entered college, I started writing fictions. Short fictions based on true events, which happened to me and to my friends. Over the years, I often tell people that I am a self proclaimed writer, when the reality is i am on the verge of giving up.

But I didn't.

I started writing more, mainly to impress, but  I guess He is unhappy. I became someone who I shouldn't be. So, for a period of time, I was in a loooooong hiatus. Mainly because of assignments and also I had major writer's block ):

Alhamdulillah still, last year, I've decided to finally print a zine. A complication of all the short fictions that i wrote, it was a hit. But there was still minor printing problems.

It frustrated me because I still have yet to get the opportunity to publish my books. I really want this badly. Then I found a publishing house who are willing to help me publish my books, but it requires me to fork out RM5k. Really? Where can i find that much money?! )': I iz stressed already.

So now, I am looking for other alternatives, as in finding another publishing house. Seeking help from my friends around.

Hopefully, it will be published before the novels hit their 10th anniversary lol I got two more years to go! Yikes!

Amin Ya Rabbal Ala Min :)

"Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on"

Labels: , , ,