Atika Sikun




HI,
 photo 10991176_10204437005383065_8329704528899608462_n_zps4lskohdh.jpg


A

Sept 14th, 1992 | Selangor, MY
"we only see what we want to see."


VISITOR(S)
website counter



Recent Posts
· November Movember
· It Doesn't.
· Bandung: Day 4 & 5
· Bandung: Day 3
· Bandung: Day 1 & 2
· Turning 23.
· At Rest.
· Hey.
· Bandung: The Planning
· Post Bandung.


BLOGGER ARCHIVES



INSTAGRAM FEED
FOLLOWERS

Growing Up.
Friday, November 27, 2015 | Posted by Atika | 0 comment/s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Excerpt taken from Thilamisu: Brutal Honesty;


Some people say that I am slightly different than the last time they see me.

I don't talk as much as I used to, I don't share as much as I want to. I am actually tired with all the presumptions - all because I think it's time for me to really grow up.

Here's the part where I come clean. What I used to do and what I am going to do now.

 #1 I am such a double texter. I double text a lot. seriously a lot, guys. All because I have so  
      much to share with people/whoever I am texting at the moment #guilty
     Now: I reply conversations based on my own convenience. I tried to keep my conversation as
              interesting as possible and at the same time keeping my coolness intact. Easy? Well, easier 
              said than done.

 #2 When you belittle my existence, I'll just brush it off like it doesn't concern me.
      Now: I'll cut you off almost instantly.

#3 I cannot treat you like you don't exist
     Now: I am getting better at this. Want me to be professional? Sure. Want me to not be 
               professional? Bring it on. 

#4 It is my obligation to explain myself to anyone and everyone.
     Now: It's no longer a need. If I feel like explaining, I myself will let you know. 
   
#5 The more you know about me, the better.
     Now: I don't want to be under the limelight anymore. I'm me, but other than that, I'm just a  
               nobody. I like you to know me from the works I'm doing.

#6 People who flatter me, impress me
     Now: Not anymore. Whatever you do, there will always someone else better than you. Be proud  
               in what you're doing, but keep your reality check all the time.


#7 I don't like to judge people. Positivism at its best.
     Now: I judge people based on the vibes they give off (very accurate most of the time) . If I find 
               you interesting, I'll probably pursue the friendship closer, but then it
              depends on how the other party accepts it. I prefer to keep quiet more often in a group these
              days.

#8 I overthink a lot.
     Now: I try not to think too much and accept things as how they are. I like to be positive and think
               the best out of everything.

#9 I see right through people.


I rest my case.


x
 

Labels: